Our analysis of the gaming market in Q4 2022 covers industry-specific trends in venture capital funding, public market data, and qualitative themes our team is monitoring as we enter a new year. While gaming has historically been resilient to adverse market conditions, this past quarter has demonstrated substantial headwinds that will have to be addressed head-on in 2023.
- Gaming market size since 2001, projected out to 2027
- Gaming venture funding and deal volume trends since Q1 2019 ($553m allocated across 97 deals in Q4 2022, down from $3.2b across 199 deals in Q4 2021)
- Public gaming ETFs - both down >35% since the start of 2022
- Cash balances held by market-leading gaming ($48b) and tech ($157b) companies
- Trends and current events to watch